Shop Laborer (Ohio)
The shop laborer position consists of a wide variety of tasks, working both independently and assisting others. Direction is given from shop lead and/or supervisor to complete tasks.
Examples of tasks for this position may include are but are not limited: cutting raw material; driving forklifts, using jib cranes and lifting devices; tracking/documenting inventory movement, cleaning and prepping items for shipments, maintaining a clean and orderly work area and performing minor assembly work.
This position does not require much experience, so as needed training on equipment and procedures may be provided at the discretion of the supervisor. All work will be reviewed by shop lead or supervisor for efficiency and accuracy.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Working with hand and power tools
- Assist production manager with various tasks
- Adhere to all Safety Protocols
REQUIRED SKILLS AND TRAITS:
- Positive Attitude
- Entry Level
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly
- Forklift Operation
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Intermittent periods of sitting at computer
- Twisting, turning, reaching, and bending
- Must be able to lift up to 35# occasionally during the day.
- Work generally performed on the shop/manufacturing floor
- At times working with automated and semi-automated industrial machines
- At times may be required to drive forklift and other company vehicles
- At times may be required use power equipment
- Overtime may be required, including some weekends
Job Type: Full-time
First shift only
Some overtime available
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Perry, OH 44081: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)