Assembly Technician (Ohio)
JOB CLASSIFICATION: REPORTS TO:
The Assembly technician is responsible for constructing small module assemblies and testing to ensure product quality. Assembled items includes Roll-forming stands, Rotaries, Drive Train etc.
Also Tear down and inspection of rebuilds that will be used on custom designed metal forming equipment.
This position covers all aspects of assembly from reading prints, gathering parts & hardware, assembling, testing and measuring. Units that are out of specified tolerances are submitted for re-work. Extensive knowledge is needed to ensure proper part handling and conditioning to avoid unintentional damage.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Locate & gather parts needed for assembly.
2. Perform test fitting of piece parts.
3. Verify proper assembly by analyzing the print and conducting precise measurements.
4. Communicate with Production Manager, Engineers, and Machine Shop to ensure parts are properly reworked in a timely manner.
5. Maintain a clean and organized work area.
6. Adherence to company safety protocol is required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND TRAITS:
1. Basic computer skills: Email, Computerized time tracking software
2. Ability to use precision tools such as hand files, air grinders, torque wrenches and calipers.
3. Capable of taking accurate measurements.
4. Ability to read blueprints.
5. Solid math skills needed.
6. A desire to solve problems in an environment with limited procedures.
7. Understand and follow written and verbal instruction.
8. Able to give clear instruction and guidance.
9. Ability to work well with others.
10. High school diploma or equivalent
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1. Twisting, turning, reaching, and bending.
2. Must be able to lift up to 50# occasionally during the day.
3. Standing for extended periods of time.
4. Overtime may occur occasionally, including weekends.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Perry, OH 44081: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Assembly: 1 year (Preferred)