Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Oregon)
The Shipping & Receiving Clerk is responsible for accepting deliveries from outside vendors. At times this position requires the use of a forklift to unload material off trucks, and unload boxes and or parts. This position includes checking packing slips against parts received and ensuring that they match the companies purchase orders. Working with the accounting department to ensure all parts are received in and accounted for. The person in this position is responsible for packaging outbound shipments, as well as arranging shipments via LTL or Ground carriers. In addition, this position is responsible for staging parts & organizing sub assembly for machine building.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Receiving in parts and packages from various carriers.
- Sorting parts to various Jobs per BOMs and Pick Lists.
- Entering receiving information into an ERP.
- Packaging items for shipment, this includes creating crates for LTL and ensuring proper packing to prevent damage.
- Creating Packing Slips and Shipping Labels for shipments.
- Getting proper photographs of parts and assemblies prior to shipment and during packaging
- Using company vehicles to deliver items to vendors.
- Using a forklift to unload and load items, as well as delivering parts to areas of the plant
REQUIRED SKILLS AND TRAITS:
- Valid OR Driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Skilled at maneuvering a forklift to load and unload material.
- Ability to lift #50 repeatedly.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, primarily Excel and Outlook
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Open to direction, collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to work well with others
- Knowledge on the use of basic hand tools and power tools
- Strong attention to details
- Knowledge of using measurement devices, i.e. tape measure and calipers
- Ability to communicate, with customers, vendors, drivers & shop personnel effectively
- Ability to organize items according to Bill of Materials and MMLs
- Extensive walking between buildings, during all seasons & in increment weather conditions.
- Periods of sitting at computer and typing
- Twisting, turning, reaching, and bending
- Must be able to lift up to 75# occasionally during the day.
- Work generally performed on the shop/manufacturing floor
- At times working with automated and semi-automated industrial machines
- At times may be required to drive forklift and other company vehicles
- At times may be required use power equipment
- Overtime may be required, including some weekends
- Employment will be contingent upon the outcome of a drug screening, and a driving records check, and the information shall be shared with TEKFAB’s, Human Resources Department.
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off