Electrical Tech (Cleveland)
Electrical Tech Application
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full time, hourly (nonexempt, non-supervisory)
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
- Technician will perform the on-machine wiring. This encompasses running conduit, pulling wires, mounting junction boxes and control panels. Technician will assemble control panels using electrical schematics and layout drawings. Experience working with 480-volt, 3 phase systems and the use of multimeters and other test equipment for basic diagnostic tests is a plus.
- Technician will support mechanical production when electrical work slows down.
- This work requires general knowledge of typical hardware and wiring techniques as well as good organizational skills and attention to detail. Hard work covers a multitude of deficiencies.
- Microsoft Outlook/Word/Excel general usage skills are needed at times, AutoCAD 2d drafting skills are a plus.
- All employees must pass a drug test for illegal substances in the state of Ohio.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Wiring between control panel and other machine components (run conduit and pull wires)
- Mount hardware on machine bases
- Assembling control panels
- Assist with start-up of machines
- Occasional driving of forklift
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND TRAITS:
- Industrial wiring
- Panel building
- Familiarity with PLCs, VFDs, Safety Controllers
- Mechanical aptitude required
- Extensive walking outside to different company buildings so must be able to tolerate outdoor weather conditions
- Intermittent periods of sitting at computer
- Twisting, turning, reaching, and bending
- Must be able to lift up to 35# occasionally during the day.
- Work generally performed on the shop/manufacturing floor
- At times working with automated and semi-automated industrial machines
- At times may be required to drive forklift and other company vehicles
- At times may be required use power equipment
- Overtime may be required, including some weekends
- Occasional travel for installing equipment