Here at TEKFAB, we like quality, we like each other, we drink strong coffee and make things happen! We love an opportunity to improve and grow our family, especially when we find candidates who want in on that opportunity to be apart of what we are doing here. Our work isn’t just about making machinery, even though that is on the top of our strengths list, we also seek to enjoy and find fulfillment in the work we do. We hope that our future candidate will join us in this and add to it!
This position’s responsibility will be divided between project management and electrical engineering. In the case of project management, the individual is responsible to keep TEKFAB jobs on target in the areas of schedule, cost, and customer expectations. In the area of electrical engineering, the individual is responsible for working with TEKFAB mechanical engineers to create functionality documentation for systems, and use that functionality to create or modify electrical schematics and PLC code to deliver safe and reliable controls packages for our customers.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Work with MEs to define equipment functionality documents, used to design Industrial control packages, including hardware and software (PLC).
- Project manage controls packages and turnkey systems (ME and EE), for budget and timeline.
- Startup equipment, including troubleshooting wiring issues.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND TRAITS
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, in Electrical Engineering, or the equivalent.
- This position will be approximately 50% engineering and 50% project management.
- Hands on type personality, position is very involved in equipment startup and trouble shooting
- Good organization skills, task and time management
- Go-getter: pushing for projects to be done on time.
- May be responsible for complete projects, mechanical aptitude and/or experience a plus.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal communication skills. Position interacts with vendors and customers.
- Problem solving aptitude mostly software and hardwiring related
- Experience with the following preferred but not required:
- Rockwell PLC and safety software (RSLogix 500)
- Delta PLCs, HMIs, and VFDs.
Job Type: Full-time